The objectives of ICONSEA 2013 are as follows:
· To create awareness of the challenges of regional as well as global contemporary issues facing Southeast Asian countries today.
· To promote Southeast Asia as a region of diverse political, economic, cultural and social characteristics.
· To present new research findings in the field of Southeast Asian Studies.
· To encourage exchange of ideas and information among researchers involved in researching and teaching Southeast Asian Studies.
· To encourage intellectual discourse among researchers, academicians, governments, private sector and NGOs on issues pertaining to Southeast Asia.